Last weekend, Session 4 and 7 had their session retreats in Big Bear and Idyllwild, respectively. Throughout the weekend, the sessions took part in various icebreakers, solved team-building activities, sung camp songs, and learned more about themselves, their session mates, and their session as a whole. Volunteers often describe session retreats as one of their first glimpses of “Woodsey Magic”. To reflect on this memorable weekend, volunteers start a “snapshot” thread to share their favorite moments. Here are a few!
- We were singing/rapping to the cup game Friday night
- LaHands thinking I was a ghost and throwing a pillow at me as hard as he could
- Everyone’s giant mountains of spaghetti
- We were woken up to the smell of BACON
- Seeing grown college students running to the swings!!
- Scaring everyone in the hallway telling scary stories at 3 AM Saturday night
- We were lifting Simba over the Spider Web and everyone began to sing the Lion King song
- When the Fourcupine twerkteam was founded.
- The fairy room became the first aid room
- Last night dance party in the kitchen
- Iso fish-rolling backwards and almost knocking out Raptor
- Starting with five beads, but needing way more 🙂
- Jazz being pulled over the electric fence
- Milk- T bust a rap during Snapshot activity
- Some of us indulged in ice cream at 3 am
- Oreos fell down on our foreheads into our mouths
- Not having enough beads to tell you all how much I love you :]
- Rookuh FINALLY getting Black Magic at Souplantation
- Caravan of UniCamp cars going back to the house after electric fence
- When we became a wonderful family of elesevants/seven tooth tigers.
What are some of your favorite snapshots from session retreats? Look out for more snapshots throughout the week on our Twitter/Facebook!