Last weekend, Session 4 and 7 had their session retreats in Big Bear and Idyllwild, respectively. Throughout the weekend, the sessions took part in various icebreakers, solved team-building activities, sung camp songs, and learned more about themselves, their session mates, and their session as a whole. Volunteers often describe session retreats as one of their first glimpses of “Woodsey Magic”. To reflect on this memorable weekend, volunteers start a “snapshot” thread to share their favorite moments. Here are a few!
- We were singing/rapping to the cup game Friday night
- LaHands thinking I was a ghost and throwing a pillow at me as hard as he could
- Everyone’s giant mountains of spaghetti
- We were woken up to the smell of BACON
- Seeing grown college students running to the swings!! More